Galapagos for Families
Just the Right Activity Level for the Whole Family - Galapagos for Families
Have you ever been on a vacation for the whole family where the kids wanted to do one thing and the parents another? You each had a great time but didn’t see each other for most of the day? Where the parents did something the kids wanted to do and didn’t really enjoy it, or worse where the parents did something the kids wanted to do and no one really enjoyed it?
Galapagos not only offers something for families, but often offers an activity that everyone can do and get equal enjoyment out of together all at the same time. We include everyone in the family, from the youngest members to older siblings and cousins to parents and grandparents. There is a good mix of activities from boat rides, to easy strolls along beaches, slightly harder hikes inland and more challenging hikes to the tops of lookouts. There is plenty of opportunity to swim and snorkel as well as go sea kayaking for those who’d like to paddle. You can choose the level of activity that is right from you, from relaxing in a hammock to hiking to the top of Bartolomé Island.
As Exclusive As Your Family Wishes:
The Trip That’s Best for You
Some vacations that bill themselves as being for the whole family forget to mention that when you arrive a good portion of the family of man will be waiting there to join you in endless lines. The Galapagos National Park is an exclusive nature sanctuary: an area roughly the size of Hawaii that allows less than 3,000 visitors on average per week.
You can further tailor that exclusivity to fit your needs. If you want a truly exclusive family reunion you can charter your very own yacht for as few as 8 passengers to 12, 16 or more. If you are looking for a vessel with more room and amenities to spread out in there are 30 to 100 passenger yachts, some of which offer junior suites with features like pools, hot tubs and even massages. Some yachts specifically offer family departures with kids’ programs and kids’ food.
While Galapagos is best seen by yacht, for land lovers there are exclusive resorts with private bungalows or informal beach front hotels where you can go on outings including day trips to other islands. We can find the trip and accommodations that is right for you.
Why Galapagos is the Best Place In the World For Families?
If there is a better place for a once in a life time vacation for the entire family we’d like to know about it.
Animals Everywhere Close & Safe
There is simply no better place on Earth than the Galapagos for kids (of all ages) to get so close to so many species of animals safely in the wild. When we say close we mean there is nothing between you and the creatures you are watching as you walk along beaches, marked trails or snorkel in bays. You literally have to watch your step so as not to trip over some exotic creature and often have to make way as animals demand the right of way. Here are some typical experiences enjoyed daily in the islands:
- You step onto a sandy shore to a welcoming committee of sea lion pups intent on greeting your toes.
- You track down a giant ET-like tortoise in the lush green highlands.
- An unconcerned land iguana watches you pass as he waits for a prickly pear to drop from a cactus for dinner.
- Green sea turtles & eagle rays glide just beneath the transparent surface of a mangrove lagoon just a few feet from your raft.
- Dolphins play in the bow wake of your island hoping yacht.
- A band of marine iguana rest atop one another in a large heap looking like a nursery for Godzilla’s children.
- A pair of wave albatross duel with their beaks in a mating ritual.
- A young sea lion almost touches your snorkeling mask with its nose, as colorful king angel fish, parrot fish and Harlequin wrasse swim nearby.
- Tiny Galapagos penguins hop from rock to rock before darting into the water like miniature torpedoes.
- Blue footed boobies show off their feet to potential mates on one side of the trail, while Magnificent frigate birds try and outdo them in the branches on the other side of the path by inflating their large scarlet throat sacks.
These are common events. There’s more of course, but we’ll leave that up to you to experience. Rarer possibilities include encounters with the gentle leviathan whale sharks, giant manta rays or jumping into a pod of wild dolphins. In Galapagos your likely to find that your binoculars become an encumbrance because they simply can’t focus that close enough.
Nature and Science Comes Alive and Is Fun!
You’ll be led by highly skilled, friendly and entertaining guides who often have advanced degrees with years of experience leading trips in the Islands. Their knowledge, combined with the living laboratory that surrounds you, will bring the world of natural history and ecology alive all around you as though you are walking inside your own nature special.
Everyone Loves a Natural Paradise
Imagine a group of islands that lives up to your dreams of a sheltered place far removed from the usual concerns. The skies are almost always sunny, and the sea breezes create that perfect air temperature that instantly relaxes the body. The ocean is an ever inviting turquoise blue, matched by long sandy beaches of crystal white, pink, volcanic black and looking-glass green. There are crystal coves and mangrove lagoons. You don’t have to imagine. Galapagos is waiting for you and your family. Book with Galapagos Excursions, the experts at organizing Galapagos for families trips.