La Selva Lodge
Located in Primary rain-forest, it is surrounded by a tropical garden of colorful blossoms, billowing ferns and giant trees providing a green sanctuary to rare and exotic wildlife with intriguing insects, unique species of birds and butterflies and magical sceneries. The rain stimulates the forest’s luxuriant growth and drenches the visitor who come to see the spectacle.
There are a number of possible excursions with an English speaking guide, some more physically challenging than others. La Selva is home to many trails, a 135 foot observation tower, and a large butterfly farm. The adventures are limitless. Deep in this Amazon jungle of unparalleled biodiversity, La Selva provides lodging in a paradise where anything is possible.
The cabanas are private bungalows that keep you high and cozy, and are immaculately cleaned every day. It is important to note that these cabanas are made entirely of secondary growth rainforest materials and designed to blend with the surroundings. Each one has a private bathroom, a hammock and mosquito netting (although you will be surprised at how little need you will have for this item) for each bed.
There are 17 thatched cabanas of varying sleeping configurations and several public gathering spots, including the spacious dining room with a cone shaped roof, an open-air combined bar and a lounge with a wrap-around view of the lake. The hammock hut is preferred by many for siestas.
- 24-hour electricity provided by a combination of solar power and generator.
- Hot water
- Private bathrooms
- Ceiling Fan in the rooms
- Special water treatment facilities & freshwater provided for guests.
- Screens on all bungalows to protect from insects
- Dining hall for all meals, and can provide meals for special dietary requests.
- Library with a mixture of books on the Amazon and biology, along with light reading.
- Well-stocked bar (beverages not included in lodge cost).
- Laundry service for a fee.
- All guest are provided with rubber boots for jungle excursions, up to size 12.
- Radio communications.
- First aid kit for minor injuries.
2012 rates per/person, air ticket Quito-Coca-Quito included
|# of Days||Operates from||Room type||Double or Triple||Single supplement|
|4D/3N||Any day except Sunday||Standard||$ 882||$ 209|
|Suite||$ 1,183||$ 300|
|5D/4N||Any day except Sunday||Standard||$ 1,063||$ 264|
|Suite||$ 1,428||$ 374|
This amazon experience can be combined with our Andes programs or any of our Galapagos programs