Royal Palm Hotel
The Royal Palm Hotel is a luxury land based option for those more susceptible to sea sickness. A stay at the Royal Palm, although not cruise-based, will still provide guests with an in-depth exploration of the amazing natural world of the Galapagos Islands. You’ll lodge in grand style throughout your stay at the five-star resort on the island of Santa Cruz.
The Royal Palm is a secluded hide-a-way nestled in the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island in the heart of the Galapagos. Exclusive, spacious and tastefully designed, the Royal Palm was built to complement the natural paradise that surrounds it. Tour the wilderness where you’ll discover the natural wonders of the islands, including close up observations of the famed Giant Tortoises and intimate interactions with playful sea lions and pups while snorkeling along the stunning coast. From the Royal Palm you will explore Santa Cruz and other islands during the day and return to relax in comfort at night.
Amenities at the hotel include a fitness center; gourmet restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner; massage appointments; pool; tennis courts; and library.
- Veranda Suite: Spacious double bedroom with king bed or two queens, en suite bathroom and indoor Jacuzzi; front porch with hammock and small tropical garden. Rooms can be interconnected for families, and measure 408 sq. ft.
- Villa Bungalow: The villas provide maximum views, with open architecture to mesh the indoor living areas with the outdoors. All villas have a living & dining room with fireplace, bathroom, dressing room, and Jacuzzi room with ocean views. Some rooms have king beds, and some have two queens; a sofa bed is available. Villas are 918 sq. ft.
- Prince of Wales Suite: The most spacious suite at the hotel, with two spacious en suite bedrooms, one with king bed and the other with two queen beds. Both rooms have an outdoor Jacuzzi; rooms share a living and dining room, front garden and terrace. The master bedroom has its own sauna. The suite is 968 sq. ft.
Tours can be customized, but some options can include the below. Tours on Santa Cruz Island are on a private basis, and yacht tours can be on a chartered basis, or on a shared boat.
- Charles Darwin Research Station to visit the famous Lonesome George tortoise, the last of his kind.
- El Chato Highlands, to see tortoises in the wild, Los Gemelos twin craters & giant lava tunnels.
- Tortuga Bay snorkeling.
- Garrapatero Bay snorkeling.
- Kayaking at Academy Bay.
- Full day yacht trip to nearby islands of Bartolome, North Seymour, Santa Fe, or South Plazas.
- Mountain biking in the Highlands.
- SCUBA excursions.
- Charter plane excursion to Isabela Island.
Contact us for details on planning a custom stay at Royal Palm Hotel, and for pricing.